CLUB NOTICEBOARD

 

 

Committee Meetings 2017

 

 

Day

Date

Venue

Time

Monday

 16 January

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

Monday

13 February

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

Monday

13 March

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

Monday

24 April

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

Monday

15 May

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

Monday

19 June

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

Monday

17 July

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

 

August

No Meeting

 

Monday

18 11 September

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

Monday

23 October

The White Horse, Upton

7.30pm

 

November

No meeting

 

Saturday

December

(AGM & Committee)

The White Horse, Upton

7.00pm

 

 

Following a request for a digest of items of news and business under discussion by the committtee which may be of general interest it was decided to publish them here. Routine items are not included.

 

Should you wish us to discuss anything of importance to the club or its members, please notify the Skipper for inclusion in the agenda 5 days prior to committee meeting dates.

 


 

February 2017, River Frontage at the Moorings

The committee is to proceed with plans to replace and back fill the quay heading along the club site's river frontage at a cost of about £10,000. Planning permission has been sought (and obtained) for the whole site and it is hoped that this first stage of the work will be completed before the first club event if not the start of the season.

 


Latest information regarding the 24 hour moorings at Thurne, 4 Feb 2017

The Broads Authority are publishing on their website, an amendment to the planning application to remove the quay heading at Thurne. There was a meeting in December at Donny Cook's, with NSBA, BA, BESL and Donny. Tom Moore was also present but inspite of the document stating that EACC was represented, this was not true as Tom wishes to make it clear he was there in another capacity, and not to represent EACC. Read the document.

 


 

Round up of end of 2016 season news

 

There are some big issues in the club of which members are hoping to hear news. The committee is no wiser about these at the moment but as soon as anything concrete is known the news will be published here. The situation as it stands is as follows:

 

The lease on the club moorings has been renewed for one year on the same basis as with the previous landowner. Discussions with the landowner's agents regarding the longer term situation are still awaited.

 

Plans are underway to house the TMOR equipment in a large trailer which will hopefully be housed undercover in Thurne. We await confirmation of these plans when details will be disclosed here.

 

There is a plan to install a keel on the new safety boat for next season along with the high capacity pump previously mentioned.

 

Quotes are being sought for the construction of a new aluminium TMOR bar.

 


 

News and Extracts from the July 18th 2016 Committee Meeting

 

TMOR

A Race team is being sought for the Sunday of TMOR next year as a replacement for the Olliers who have indicated that they may not be available in 2017 (Update: The committee has heared that Liz and Phil Ollier will continue to offer their services albeit on a different day)

 

Safety Boat

The club is looking at the possibility of installing a high capacity electric pump in the new safety boat for use in emergencies.

 

The committee are very aware of the problem with low speed manoeuvrability in the new safety boat and it has been suggested that we go back to the manufacturers and see what they suggest. Steve Burton will look into it. All agreed that something needs to be done with the boat.

 

Social Events

Cally to look into possibility of a visit to Norwich Beer Festival

 

Moorings

Some new mooring posts have been put in at the club site

 

NEXT MEETING

Monday 5th September

 


 

News and Extracts from the June 20th 2016 Committee Meeting

 

 

TMOR

Much of the meeting was taken up with discussing feedback from TMOR and early plans for 2017.

 

LANDOWNER

Phone contact has been made with the new land owner's agents. Its early days yet but there is no cause for concern at the moment. It was however noted that our current lease makes no provision for land access to the site and specifically states that access shall be by river only. For the record it should be noted that the permissive footpath was closed by Crown Estates last year before the sale of the land and directly as a result of the ending of the land stewardship scheme by which it had been provided. Members are being urged to respect these conditions as failure to do so could jepordise our lease.

 

MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS

Membership applications were received from Andy & Sue Beale, Philip Lund and Chris Tuckett.  All approved unanimously.

 

RCC OPEN

Arrangements were in a hand for the forthcoming EACC RCC Open and the committe were pleased to accept Tom Moore's offer to officiate as Nicks health problems following his accident made it impossible for him to fulfil that committment. As the Hunters BBQ was not after all available for the Saturday night it was decided that the club should purchase a new Weber model similar to but bigger than Steve and Lisa's, the use of which the club had made much use. (Thanks Steve and Lisa) The BBQ has been purchased and the Green Box on the moorings has been sorted and partitioned to accommodate it and make the box more user friendly.

 

NEXT MEETING

Monday 18th July

 


 

News and Extracts from the May 16th 2016 Committee Meeting

 

 

TMOR

Arrangements all in hand.

 

Pritchard Trophy still not located. (found!)

 

More pallets being aquired for safety boat jetty etc.

 

All pallets etc used as staging for boats moored on Roll land must be removed from the site.

 

Possibly trying a new lay out in Marquee this year with door relocated to try and stop people congregating on the footpath.

 

Local Boats criteria to change this year to include all mooring on the River Thurne as well as those boats wintering in Thurne, Oby and Repps.

           

Bar after Regatta. Frame to be cut up and new one made before next year.

 

Major clear out of TMOR shed planned anything that is not used will be disposed of.

 

Jo looking into possibility of wider bridge for the future – would cost about £100.

 

             

SAFETY BOAT

Training – went really well. Everyone enjoyed it and learnt so much. We now have five more safety boat drivers. One TMOR boat completely covered and the other on standby at times.

 

NEW MEMBERS

Applications approved from James Lovett, Aidan Ward and Mike and Sally Jones.

 

RIGGING OUT SUPPER

Very successful event. No food left over. 45 people plus attended

 

INSIGNIA

A new price list for Regalia will be published on wesite and in TMOR programme

 

BBQ

The old gas BBQ finally US not being replaced at present

 

NEXT MEETING

Monday 20th June

 


 

 

News and Extracts from the April 11th 2016 Committee Meeting

 

 

CLUB LAPTOP

Not used much and is now pretty much obsolete as well as needing attention so John Aves will be asked to seek an inexpensive replacement

 

WHITE BOOK AND GREEN BOOK

In spite of  some pre-print delays this year the White book was published and sent out with the Green Book by the 1st April deadline thanks to an outstanding same day service from Tudor Print in Acle. NB there is an error in the Southern Rivers Cruise dates which should read Friday (evening)12th August to Saturday 20th August (please correct your copy)

 

INSIGNIA

A new stock of EACC and TMOR tee shirts, polos along with flags will be available by TMOR.

 

MOORINGS

Waiting list: The first 3 on the waiting list have declined the offered berth, so the spare berth has been allocated to Jo Edye, Sun Glory.

 

Work Party:  Rescheduled for the Saturday of the Spring Regatta weekend.. We are hoping to repair the lawn mower shed in the short term. The main job will be backfilling holes at he edge of the quayheading by filling sand-bags with soil. We’ve been offered some bright orange Nato approved ones by Colin Little for free. Plan to have BBQ available all day to make it a more social occasion.

 

SAFETY BOAT

Training: Ian Mason can do Saturday of Spring Regatta. Jo Edye is waiting to hear from him with more details this is the same day as the moorings workparty so lots going on. As soon as Jo knows more he will get an email out for any would-be safety boat operatives. (now confirmed - contact Jo if interested in this - see website24/4)

 

Trailers: No progress as yet

 

SPRING CRUISE

46 people for Sunday meal (now full), closing date for cruise next Monday 18th. 15 boats booked. Will need to get to Coltishall in good time to be sure of moorings. (updated 24/4)

 

TMOR

 

Tom has a new grass cutter and has offered to help with the site preparation at TMOR again.

 

RIGGING OUT SUPPER

Film show, projector and screen, food etc. all in hand.

Village Hall will run bar, Cally will speak to Village Hall re decorations and flowers. About 30 people at the moment. (update - there were 44?)

 

MARY MOORE

Her funeral will be on the 20th April. Private cremation. Funeral at Dilham Church followed by a party

 

 

NEXT MEETING

Monday 16th May 2016

 


 

 

Extracts from the minutes of 21st March 2016 Committee Meeting

 

PERMANENT STRUCTURE

Our plans have been halted in their tracks for the moment due to a change of landowner from Crown Estates a Mr Anthony Habgood, who is said to be environmentally minded!  Agents (Brown and Co) will visit plots in near future and will want to speak to a representative from the club.  Efforts are being made for all the plot owners to meet the agents together.

 

SPRING REGATTA

Race Officer now sorted (Colin Little).  Also other offers of help.

 

TMOR

Position with Race Officer for Saturday.  Patrick Richardson has agreed to be the Principal Race Officer on the Saturday.

 

It is the plan to have a stock of EACC/TMOR polo/tee shirts etc. to sell at TMOR  Grey suggested for tee shirts and royal blue for polo shirts.

 

Jo Edye gave notice that after this year he would like to step down as TMOR committee chairman as he is likely to be skipper next year.

 

SAFETY BOAT TRAINING

Will happen but no date is set as yet.

 

SAFETY BOAT

The committee are seeking at least one new safety boat trailer.  If anyone knows of a suitable trailer for sale would they please contact Steve Burton.

 

They are also considering approaching the Snowflakes Sailing Club with a view to sharing as we use our boats in the Summer and they use their boat in the Winter. 

 

It has been agreed that our safety boat be loaned to the Horsey Regatta on 7th May and the Hickling Town Regatta the first weekend in August,

 

The new safety boat used to skid about. The engine has been dropped lower into water by 2 inches and it is now holding in the water much better.

 

WHITE BOOKS

After a slight delay in getting these to the printer they have now all been sent out by post or hand delivered. If you paid your subs this year you should have received yours with your Green Book in the normal manner by now.  

 

NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING

Monday 11th April 2016

 


Earlier news deteted